Sunday, March 8, 2009

CCIE Lab Prep

I passed the CCIE written last week. My preparation included reading all the books I mentioned before in the reading list. I have also purchased Internet Routing Architectures (Sam Halabi), left with 2 more chapters.

Some other preparation materials would include
Resolving and going through topics in Cisco Netpro Forum, GroupStudy and different CCIE blogs (especially Internetwork Expert ). I have also made it point to extensively use Google docs to make notes regarding various technologies, documenting something new or something I have learnt more through labbing.

As far as preparation for the LAB goes , I have purchased the Internetwork Expert Vol1-3 labs. For running the labs, I have dedicated a new machine (Quad Core with 4GB RAM) running Dynamips. I will later get a couple of rack rentals to do topics primarily related to Switching. I am currently going through IE Vol 1 Labs.

No comments: